- This Category is for those members taking a long break from practice. Please apply to the Administrator at [email protected]
- Dormant members can apply to re-join up until 2 years. They must evidence CPD and other requirements as per Break in Practice rules and provide the MAC with a full explanation as to their reasons for being Dormant.
- After 2 years and up to 5 years they need to re-join as Associates and be re-accredited in the normal way. They also need to evidence CPD of 50 hours per annum during this period of re-accrediting
- After 5 years they re-join as Associates working towards accreditation and submit the following:
- A 500 word personal statement about the reasons for and feelings about returning
- A full supervisor’s report (rather than the brief one included with the application form)
- The completion of 200 clinical hours with supervision at a ratio of 1:6
- Evidence of 120 hours of new training
- Recommended to undertake personal therapy
Fee for dormant member status – £50 per annum
Members resigning must understand that if they wish to re-join it will be as Associate Members working towards accreditation. Members wishing to resign if any disciplinary action is pending within UKAHPP cannot be offered dormant status.