|UKAHPP Member No:|
Carey Morning, MsT, BS, MA, is an American psychotherapist, teacher, writer and mother who has worked psychotherapeutically for over 25 years with individuals and groups, and also specializes in creating ritual and healing retreats for adults and children.
She has trained in developmental models of psychotherapy which include an understanding of the body and the importance of the spiritual dimension.
Since 2006 she has also worked within the residential child care sector, developing staff training in attachment and child development, and models for enriching and making truly therapeutic the daily lives of those in care and those who care for them.
She works deeply with the stories of our lives, that we might find and claim them, appreciate and honour them, and ultimately expand upon them. The therapy is about growth in compassion, about making meaning, about developing our humanity. It can begin anywhere and belongs to all of us.
Training, Qualifications and Experience
- bachelor of science in psychology and theatre
- master of arts in psychology and spirituality
- graduate 4 year psychotherapy training under Dr. John Pierrakos, N.Y., N.Y.
- psychotherapist, group leader and teacher in private practice since 1989
- organizational development consultant and staff trainer in residential childcare sector since 2006
Psychosynthesis and Education Trust, London
Institut fur Psychosynthese, Basel, Switzerland
Karuna Institute, Devon
Professional and non-professional creative/therapeutic workshops
- Scotland, London, New York 1998-present
- trainings for residential care and teaching staff in child development, attachment and trauma 2006-present
- attachment theory Queen Margaret’s University dance therapy department
- “Opening Their Treasures They Offered Him Gifts: the broken and unopened gifts of relationship in residential childcare” Scottish Journal of Residential Childcare, February/March 2008 (or at careymorning.blogspot.com for full article)
- “Mater Over Matter” Journal of the Association for the Improvement of Maternity Services (AIMS), Spring 1999, vol. 11, no.1
- Camden, Central London, NW1 0XB (with map)
- Cornwall Therapy Partnership, Priory Road, Bodmin, Cornwall, PL31 2AE, UK (with map)
- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB4 1YF, UK (with map)
- Lister Road, Sheffield, Yorkshire, S6 5AG, UK (with map)
- The Centre, 335 City Road, London, EC1V 1LJ, UK (with map)
Email Web Master: