|UKAHPP Member No:|
I work with adults and children both in private practice at my home north of Bristol and at two local secondary schools, offering both long and short-term psychotherapy and counselling. In addition, I am a trustee and counsellor with a Bristol-based charity, which provides counselling and psychotherapy to young people between 9 and 15 years of age across the West Country.
My clients are often experiencing crisis in their life and seek support to enable them to make changes to habitual and intrusive feelings and thoughts that limit their joy of life. Such thoughts and feelings often lead to behaviours that can damage relationships and the quality of clients’ lives. Such issues include eating disorders, depression, anxiety, drug and alcohol addiction, unfulfilling family relationships, bereavement and confusion regarding sexual orientation and gender. Current distress often finds its roots in past neglect, abuse and relational privation. A significant number of my clients experience difficulties and confusion in relationships because of underlying ongoing conditions, such as Asperger Syndrome, in which I have particular interest and experience.
These issues can be explored and resolved in psychotherapy, which results in real changes in the individual’s way of life, improved relationships and an ability to maintain joy in the face of current problems and pressures.
I work closely with clinical supervisors, and, when necessary, with other outside agencies, such as GPs, schools and local mental health professionals. I always consult with clients and work with them when advocating on their behalf to outside agencies. I follow the codes of ethics of the European Association for Transactional Analysis (EATA) and the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP). I am registered as a Student Member, in advanced training, working towards registration as a Certified Transactional Analysis Psychotherapist.
Training and Qualifications
- 2010 – Transactional Analysis 101 Verification Certificate;
- 2011-14 – Postgraduate Advanced Diploma in Transactional Analysis with Application to Psychotherapy, Contact Point, Registered Training Establishment of the United Kingdom Association for Transactional Analysis.
- Camden, Central London, NW1 0XB (with map)
- Cornwall Therapy Partnership, Priory Road, Bodmin, Cornwall, PL31 2AE, UK (with map)
- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB4 1YF, UK (with map)
- Lister Road, Sheffield, Yorkshire, S6 5AG, UK (with map)
- The Centre, 335 City Road, London, EC1V 1LJ, UK (with map)
Email Web Master: