The UKAHPP holds a register of therapists called “The UKAHPP Register of Humanistic Psychotherapists and Psychotherapeutic Counsellors”.
Registration with UKAHPP is for Psychotherapeutic Counsellors and Psychotherapists who are deemed fit to practice and who wish to publicly demonstrate their commitment to public safety by agreeing to abide by the UKAHPP Code of Ethical Principles and Code of Practice and be held accountable under the UKAHPP Complaints Procedure.
Registration is available to any existing member who meets the criteria. New members can submit an application to join the Register at the same time as an application for Membership in which case registration will only be considered if your membership application is accepted.
In choosing to be a Registrant you are agreeing to the following:
- You agree to abide by the UKAHPP Code of Ethical Principles and Code of Practice which are published on the UKAHPP website
- You agree to be held accountable for your professional conduct through the UKAHPP Complaints Procedure which is published on the UKAHPP website
- You agree to have your name included on the public UKAHPP Register of Humanistic Psychotherapists and Psychotherapeutic Counsellors.
- You can demonstrate that you have achieved a level of training in Humanistic Psychotherapeutic Counselling or Psychotherapy appropriate for registration.
There are two categories of practitioners who can apply for the register:
Category 1: Completed Training in Humanistic Psychotherapeutic Counselling or Psychotherapy
If you have completed a diploma-level or higher, training course in Psychotherapeutic Counselling or Psychotherapy then we need to verify whether the course meets the minimum requirement for registration.
The requirements for a training course are:
- It must be in a recognised Humanistic approach
- It must be at least level 5 of the QAA Framework for Higher Education Qualifications of UK Degree-Awarding Bodies (Diploma of Higher Education, Foundation Degree, Higher National Diploma)
- It must include at least 400 hours of tutor contact
- Applicants must have completed at least 100 hours of supervised practice in a recognised area of practice
- Applicants are required to undertake 1 hour of supervision per 6 hours of client practice at a placement approved by the training course
- Applicants must have completed at least 30 hours of personal therapy
Category 2: Alternative Routes
If you have completed training in Psychotherapeutic Counselling or Psychotherapy which is approximately equivalent to the minimum requirements in Category 1 above, but which does not meet all the criteria, then you may meet the criteria through other supplementary training courses.
You will need to demonstrate how your practice is Humanistic. For example, if you originally trained in a non-Humanistic approach you must evidence that you have successfully completed a trainings or CPD in Humanistic Theory and demonstrate how you integrate Humanistic Theory in your practice.
How to Apply
Click on the link to the Application Form below or contact email@example.com for further information.