The UKAHPP welcomes applications from accredited Humanistic Psychotherapists wishing to transfer their accreditation from other PSA Accredited Registers.
This streamlined route allows applicants to avoid repetition of a lengthy application process, which they have already completed successfully with another organisation. UKAHPP Accreditation lasts for five years, after which it may be renewed.
The UKAHPP will hold information provided by applicants in accordance with Data Protection requirements. Information relating to an unsuccessful application will be deleted from UKAHPP physical and electronic records 18 months following submission.
The transfer of Accreditation under the UKAHPP streamlined route requires applicants to:
- Have successful completed a Psychotherapy training that equates to UKAHPP Psychotherapy Accreditation requirements including:
- 900 hours tutor contact hours
- 450 supervised practice hours
- 160 hours of personal therapy
- At level 7 of the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) Framework for Higher Education Qualifications of UK Degree Awarding Bodies (Master’s Degree, Integrated Master’s Degree, Postgraduate Diploma, Postgraduate Certificate)
. Note: As other frameworks exist and may vary, it is the responsibility of the applicant to provide evidence that their training is equivalent with the QAA framework.
- Evidence of current accreditation in good standing, with dates of first accreditation and date of next renewal.
- Copy of current professional liability insurance
- Statement of Humanistic Practice
- Details of any complaints
- Details of other professional accreditations and registrations
- Agreement to abide by UKAHPP Code of Practice and Ethical Principles.
- Signed declaration and Notification of Practice Details
- Supervisor’s Report
- Applicants applying for accreditation via the transfer route are required to meet the published accreditation criteria – applicants whose training does not meet the criteria may provide additional evidence of post graduate Continual Professional Development training demonstrating how any deficiencies in the accreditation criteria complies with the UKAHPP criteria for Psychotherapist accreditation – see link to detailed criteria below.
The UKAHPP Accreditation Committee may request applicants to submit additional information and attend for interview before accreditation can be affirmed.
Applications are to be submitted using the latest version of the Application Form, available on the UKAHPP Website, in 12 point black Arial font and submitted with supporting documents as PDF email attachments to [email protected] with £100.00 application fee. Please contact the UKAHPP Administrator for BACS transfer details
The UKAHPP Administrator (Accreditation Committee)
Box BCM AHPP
27 Old Gloucester Street